In the previous post I explored the possibility of embedding IronRuby / DLR Script within XAML using both an IValueConverter and Custom UserControl. I spent a little more time experimenting with the DLRScriptUserControl I posted, and came up with some small modifications to it that allow UI event handlers to be wired up using a DLR language (such as IronRuby. Loading Assemblies Into the ScriptEngine.Runtime Context Something nice with how the ScriptEngine class allows you to execute a script o... [More]
After I wrote the “Intro to IronRuby/DLR Scripting in C# Silverlight 4 Application” post, I came across an interesting series on embedding DLR scripts in XAML with WPF. This is an interesting series, although the code doesn’t run in Silverlight, due to the fact that Silverlight is only a subset of WPF and doesn’t support the System.Windows.Markup.MarkupExtension class. I test out a couple things in Silverlight, and I was able to get similar DLR scripting functionality working under Silverlight u... [More]
I’ve been working lately on figuring out how to add DLR scripting support to a Silverlight 4 application I’ve been working on. The idea is to give it a plugin style architecture, with the plugins being written in a DLR language; currently focusing on IronRuby. I originally searched how to do this, but couldn’t find any recent articles that discuss Silverlight 4. Also, most articles out don’t target Silverlight and more of them discuss IronPython and not IronRuby, even though the DLR stuff is the... [More]
Below are so... [More]
Recently, I finally got around to starting to learn Ruby. I am finding it to be rather pleasant to program in. Now, one thing that I am used to using with an Object Oriented language (especially with my .NET background) are Namespaces. The only problem is that you can't just declare a namespace in Ruby using a "namespace" keyword. However, it's not difficult to implement Namespaces in Ruby, all you need to do is nest some modules.
To demonstrate this, I'll show you how... [More]