The turn out for each of the Wisconsin .NET Users Group meetings is really great. So great, there are regularly 100+ attendees. The reason for such great attendance can be attributed to two things:
- The presenters (mostly local talent) consistently perform really awesome, informative and educational presentations.
- There is a pretty large .NET community in the Milwaukee area
I've been a member of the group since 2003 and attend the meetings very regularly. I've also never been dissappointed with their quality and alway leave wanting to learn more!
As it turns out the Wisconsin .NET Users Group is having trouble finding meeting locations that can accommodate 100+ persons. If you are a local company, in the Milwaukee area, that has a meeting room with a capacity of 100+, please think about sponsoring a meeting or two. If you are a member of the group, please think about either donating money or talking to your employer about sponsoring the users group.
Here's a list of some of the topics discussed at recent meetings:
- Feb. 2007 - ASP.NET AJAX
- Jan. 2007 - LINQ and ADO.NET vNext
- Nov. 2006 - Overview of Web 2.0
- Oct. 2006 - Rapid Web Development with .NET
- Sept. 2006 - Windows Workflow Foundation
- Aug. 2006 - Ignore the Man Behind the Curtain - The ASP.NET Pipeline
- Jul. 2006 - Introduction to Grid Computing
The Wisconin .NET Users Group really shows there is a great developer community in the Milwaukee area! And, I sure you agree when I say "I don't want to see it dissapear!"
A donation link can be found on the homepage of the Wisconsin .NET Users Group website.
Contact the Wisconsin .NET Users Group directly