This is the first official release of the Virtual Earth Toolkit. The toolkit is by no means complete, but this is a "stable" collection of the Controls, Extenders and Methods that have been implemented thus far.
Download the Release: http://www.codeplex.com/VEToolkit/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx
What is the Virtual Earth Toolkit?
Extend Virtual Earth with functionality that is commonly implemented,
The Controls/Tools in the VEToolkit library are
completely self contained, and don't require the use of any other
version). This allows you to use this toolkit along-side any other
of it with any server-side framework of you choice (ASP.NET, ASP.NET
MVC, PHP, etc.).
Below is a summary of what's included in this release:
- A simple control that displays a list of Shapes that are currently plotted on the VEMap.
- This extends the VEMap with Context Menu (right click menu) support.
- This extends the VEMap to allow the user to reposition Shapes by
simply clicking and dragging them around the map. It also implements
functionality that allows you (the programmer) to determine at runtime
which Shapes are draggable.
- This extends the VEMap with better MiniMap support; allowing the
MiniMap to easily be positioned and aligned into any side/corner of the
- Helper Methods
- This method returns a collection of VELatLong objects that
represent a Circle with a given radius surrounding a specific VELatLong
- This method calculates the bearing (in degrees) between two
VELatLong coordinates. This can be used to calculate the direction an
object is pointing or traveling.
- This method calculates the Inverse VELatLong coordinate for a given VELatLong coordinate. (Or opposite position on the globe)
- This method calculates the Mid Point (Center Point) in between two VELatLong coordinates.
- This method calculates the approximate Centroid (Center Point) of a Polygon.
- This method calculates whether a given VELatLong coordinate exists
within a given Polygon made up of an Array/collection of VELatLong