My name is Chris Pietschmann. I do so many things, it’s difficult to describe myself in just a single sentence. So here’s a few:
I’m a husband, father of 2 wonderful children, Principal Cloud Solutions Architect at Opsgility, run BuildAzure.com, Owner of Simplovation, Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, and I am also engaged in a journey of continuous education, of which I enjoy sharing what I learn with others. I hope to teach, be taught and inspire. I am currently in the middle of a health and fitness journey (that started in 2010 with P90X) to a healthier and more fulfilling life. Also, I recently started new blogs over at http://buildazure.com dedicated to sharing information and tutorials on Microsoft Azure development, as well as http://buildhololens.com dedicated to sharing information and tutorials on Microsoft HoloLens development. I am also an Organizer and Founder of the Milwaukee Azure group.
A mantra I live by is: “Work Smart, Not Hard”
The pietschsoft.com domain name has been my internet presence hub since 2003, and I’ve been blogging here since 2004.
Disclaimer: All opinions are my own & do not reflect that of my employer or other organizations I am affiliated with.
I’m a technology enthusiast. I have been using computers since 1984 (at age 3) and have been programming them since 1996 (age 14.) My first programming language was QBasic. I’ve always had an interest in giving back to the online development community and as a result I have been awarded the Microsoft MVP award from 2008 through 2012, and in 2017. In past years I have been an active member of the local Wisconsin .NET Users Group. I am also a Founder of the Milwaukee Azure (MkeAzure) meetup group.
I am always dedicated to helping out the software development community. Evidence of this can be seen in the traces of my online community activity from my blogs, Open Source projects, my Stack Overflow profile, and much, much more!
Find Me Online
- Twitter: @crpietschmann and @BuildAzure and @BuildHololens
- Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/users/7831/chris-pietschmann
- Github: https://github.com/crpietschmann
- Nuget: http://nuget.org/profiles/crpietschmann
- CodePlex: http://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/crpietschmann
- Milwaukee Azure - Organizer / Founder
- 2016 Global Azure Bootcamp - Milwaukee, WI - Organizer / Speaker
- Wisconsin .NET Users Group - Member Since 2004 - Executive Committee Member 2007 - 2011
- Wisconsin .NET Users Group LinkedIn Group - Group Manager and Owner
- Community Coding Contest - Contest Founder and Coordinator (2008 and 2010)
- 2018 - Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Azure
- 2017 - Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Azure
- 2012 - Microsoft MVP - Bing Maps
- 2011 - Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Platform
- 2010 - Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Platform
- 2009 - Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Platform
- 2008 - Microsoft MVP - Virtual Earth
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer: Azure Solutions Architect
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer: Microsoft .NET
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer: Visual Studio 6.0
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Opsgility Certified Trainer (OCT)
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- 26 Oct 2022
- 07 Oct 2022
- 13 Sep 2022
- 06 Sep 2022
- 13 Aug 2022
Recent on Build5Nines.com
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. We also participates in affiliate programs with Udemy, and other sites. This site is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.