I recently encountered this rather strange bug that only shows up in Internet Explorer 9 (haven’t tried 10, but likely there too,) but works just fine in IE8, Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Generally the HTML/CSS markup for an individual page within a normal web application can get pretty complex, so this bug took me a while to figure out what it was. Apperently, if you have a <SELECT> box contianed within a <TABLE> (which is done fairly often with data entry interfaces,) and you have ... [More]
While working with the Silverlight Business Application template in Visual Studio 2010 RC I discovered a peculiar issue that if the project specified as the "WCF RIA Services Link" for the Silverlight Project can not be found a compile time error of "Project File ... Not Found" will be generated. This is a very cryptic error message since it's the same message that gets thrown if you delete a Project File (.csproj or .vbproj) from the hard drive but it's still references within the Solution File... [More]
Update 9/16/2008: After too long, I finally tried uninstalling SP1 and reinstalling it and that fixed the issue. I'm glad it's fixed now! I haven't seen any other suggestions for fixing this, and I first tried repairing the installation, but only an uninstall and reinstall fixed it. Hope this helps solves anyone elses headache with this issue.
A few months ago (back in February actually) I blogged showing how to use the new DataContractJsonSerializer to serialize your .NET objects to JSON... [More]
Rewriting a path with a slash ("/") in it will cause a HyperLink's image specified in the ImageUrl property within an App_Theme file to not be displayed. This can also lead to a "Cannot use a leading ..." error when running the website within IIS.
Here's a screenshot of the issue occuring:
This is kind of a strange bug, since doing the same thing with an Image works just fine. It's only the HyperLink that breaks. I experienced this issue the other day, and it took me a little bit ... [More]
When using the new GetDirections method to get multi-point driving directions everything works fine if the Start and End address are different. But it shows unexpected results on the map when plotting a multi-point route that has an End address the same as its Start.
Here's some sample code to reproduce this issue:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
Update 12/29/2007: This is no longer a bug. It has been fixed since I originally posted this.
This is the second bug in Virtual Earth 6 that I've found today. It appears that the showSwitch parameter of the LoadMap method is broken and no longer works.
As the documentation states:
"A Boolean value that specifies whether to show the map mode switch on the dashboard control. Optional. Default is true (the switch is displayed)."
Below is a screenshot showing what is... [More]
I'm currently working on adding Virtual Earth v6 support to Web.Maps.VE, and I have found a bug in VE6. When there are multiple maps on the same page the images for the zoom in/out buttons of the dashboard are not getting displayed on the correct map. I circled them in red in the screenshot below...
This is kinda strange behavor.
I found a bug in the current release (60731) of the Atlas Control Toolkit. The bug I found is caused when you use the Rating control within a User Control and you have multiple instances of your User Control on a page. I hope this bug gets fixed soon, it sucks for someone who likes to make things reusable using User Controls.
View the Work Item I add over at CodePlex
Well, I didn't find a new bug, but it is the first time I discovered a bug in SQL Server by just doing my everyday job.
I'd post the code for the SQL Server user defined function that I wrote if I could, but I can't (confidential). Its nice to have a reminder once in awhile that even Microsoft's software has bugs.
Server: Msg 8624, Level 16, State 8, Line 1
Internal SQL Server error.