VEToolkit: Virtual Earth Toolkit Open Source Project
Below is a list of "helper" methods that the project currently includes at the time of writing this post:
- This method returns an array of VELatLong objects that represent a circle drawn to the specified radius around a given center point.
- This method calculates the bearing (or direction) from 1 VELatLong coordinate to another.
- This method calculates the distance between 2 VELatLong coordinates using the specified unit of measurement (Miles or Kilometers).
- This method calculates the mid point (or center point) between 2 VELatLong coordinates.
- This method calculates the approximate centroid (or center point) of a given Polygon's points.
- This method returns true or false specifying if the given VELatLong point is within the bounds of the given Polygon coordinates.
- This extender provides easy to use Context Menu functionality for Virtual Earth.
- This extender allows you to easily link up functionality that allows you to drag-n-drop specific Shape's that are plotted.
- This extender provides easy to use functionality for controlling the position of the MiniMap. For Example: Auto-Align MiniMap to the Top Right Corner of the Map.
Project Homepage: http://codeplex.com/VEToolkit